Thursday 15 October 2015

Switch hit: Resplendent Kane Williamson








Lately, I've been pretty obsessed with Kane Williamson. My mother accused me of having a crush on him. I felt my blood pressure shoot up like a New Year's eve firework at the Sydney Harbour, whenever Kane Williamson reached his nervous nineties. Everytime I watch the highlights of Kane Williamson's innings, I catch myself reacting emotionally, overwhelmed! It didn't take much to realize I hadn't truly been trying to kill myself. Every time Williamson was dismissed in his nineties, I felt the suffocating ache somewhere around my oesophagus. But something that I find more disturbing is Williamson's expressions, not even a grim of anger or sigh of deep regret. There must be something wrong with this man, he keeps his sangfroid almost intact all the time, like really!


To express what it feels like watching him bat, I'd need a pint of beer to proceed further. Such talent needs the words of high level of honesty. I often say that to watch someone bat who has mastered the art of technique and maintains constant composure under any circumstances, for me it is some sort of meditation. The swing of the bat, a perfect stance, eyes on the ball and the ball making that pleasant sound as it touches the face of finely crafted bat and finally the follow through, Williamson's mindfulness, the full focus on attention on the here-and-now, for me that is the essence of meditation that I practice while watching him bat.

I find it more easy to see someone talking about their knee jerk reactions but to see Williamson's outburst of emotions is somewhat next to a synonym for "rare". To add another pile of simplicity and tranquillity on top of this perfectly poised beauty, he's not available on any of the social networking sites. That doesn't come as a surprise, but being a 25 year old baby-faced beauty, who definitely or I would prefer the word 'guaranteed', has got a huge fan base, where other cricketing stars of his age are interacting with fans, uploading pictures on the gram and making the most of their verified twitter account, Kane is simply touring other countries and proving his skills, adding numbers to my very own imaginary manual of Future Cricketing Greats and breaking records worldwide not caring about what's trending over the internet.

Some KANe-TASTIC Stats:- 

1) The Legitimate BAR GRAPH.



2) Delicious PIE CHART.


Looking at those stats, where Williamson is comfortably resting on top itself speak of how brilliant he's been in the year 2015 so far. During the World Cup tournament, I found his performance very therapeutical. I always feared about my existence in the era where there would be no Sachin Tendulkar and Kumar Sangakkara, and here I am alive, now I am breathing comfortably as I have found Williamson. I shed a river of tears when Kumar bid goodbye recently and retired from Test cricket, my world broke into pieces. I don't even have words to express about Sachin's retirement, if start writing about it I'd need bundles of tissue paper and a psychiatrist to pull me out of depression . Thankfully, after Tendulkar and Sangakkara, I have finally settled my inner-self for not something great but something Williamson-like. Kane is just 25, surely there is a lot more cricket in him. But he's impressed me this year so much that I have a mini canvas on the front door of my room with the numbers 22 sprayed painted on top. 



"If Hogwarts' existence would be for real, then according to me, Dumbledore would ask Hagrid to fetch Williamson straight to the Gryffindor dormitory to start a new year at the school of Witchcraft and Wizardry straight away."

My love for Williamson is growing deeper, just like the teens these days could relate their life to Drake's songs. I love Kane more than Kanye loves Kanye. If I were a boy I would turn gay for him.

This post is brought to you in association with Garry Loves Cricketcurated by Garima Srivastava.

Share this

0 Comment to "Switch hit: Resplendent Kane Williamson"

Post a Comment